Southwest Airlines Flights and Deals
Southwest Airlines is the world's largest low-cost carrier. Southwest Airlines was launched as Air Southwest Inc. in March 1967 and is an American low-cost airline situated in Dallas, Texas. The airline was renamed Southwest Airlines in March 1971, and only a month later, flights were operated between Dallas, Houston and San Antonio.
Since 1978, the airline also operates on the routes to Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arizona, Nevada, and California. Southwest Airlines currently flies regularly to 85 different destinations in the United States, including to Albany, Cleveland, Indianapolis, Louisville, Nashville, Omaha, Portland, Sacramento, and Tucson.
Southwest Airline became the nation’s largest domestic air carrier in 2003 and maintains that ranking based on the U.S by a number of passengers carried. Southwest Airlines operates the world’s largest fleet of Boeing 737s with 750 in service, each averaging six flights per day.
Why Southwest Airlines Is The Best?
The customers of Southwest Airlines continue to be pretty high on the airline. In addition to the free checked bags, the company allows each ticketed passenger to check one stroller and one car seat free of charge, which is a boon for families. Here are some more benefits which force you to choose Southwest Airlines.
1. The Companion Pass of Southwest Airlines is the top-tier status or highest-level award that a member of the Rapid Rewards loyalty program can achieve. It is one of the best elite-level benefits available for any hotel or airline loyalty program.
The Companion Pass enables you to book an additional ticket for the Companion for every flight that they book with Southwest through the end of the term of the pass. You only need to pay the taxes and fees for the second ticket. Whenever the member flies with Southwest Airlines, he or she can use their pass to get 2-for-1 flights anytime.
2. Southwest Airlines provides some of the lowest prices for flights in the United States. Southwest always delivers quality flights for a discounted rate. Their tickets are available at a reasonable price and even include checked bags. Travelers mostly choose Southwest Airlines because of its cheapest rates and best facilities.
3. Customers board the plane based on the boarding group (A, B, or C) and number (1-60). When you check-in, the boarding positions are assigned and will be displayed on your boarding pass.
Southwest Airlines have an open seating policy, so feel free to sit in any available seat when you get onboard. Rapid Rewards tier Members and Business Select Customers can check bags faster through the Fly by priority check-in Lanes at select ticket counters.
4. In-flight entertainment options of Southwest Airlines are totally free to you, so you do not need to purchase Wi-Fi to access them. You just need to bring your favorite viewing device and headphones to take advantage of all the free entertainment options.
You will have free music, movies, and message onboard. Download the Southwest app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store before your flight to view movies and select on-demand TV content. Messaging service only allows access to iMessage and WhatsApp that must be downloaded before the flight.
5. Southwest Airlines provides the Rapid Rewards frequent flyer program to regular passengers. You can redeem these points for car rentals, flights, hotel stays, and amenities such as priority services, advance seat assignments, complimentary carry-on and more. It provides more benefits such as:
Southwest Airlines' travel amenities make your trip hassle-free. From automatic check-in to expedited security lines to up-to-the-minute flight status on your mobile device, it offers a variety of benefits designed to take the stress out of air travel. Fly Soon!!
Southwest Airlines has scheduled flights to 99 destinations in 40 states, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean.
It operates crew bases at the following airports: Atlanta, Baltimore, Chicago–Midway, Dallas–Love, Denver, Houston–Hobby, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Oakland, Orlando, and Phoenix–Sky Harbor
Travel doesn’t have to be expensive, but airline tickets often are. Here are you find cheap flights and get the best airline deals on your next vacation.