Cheap Flight Tickets Booking to Minneapolis
A lovely twin city to St. Paul is famous for its architecture, cultural metropolis and a contemporary Walker Art Center. It is also famous for Weisman Art Museum. If you have any interest in arts and theater or unique forms of buildings, then Minneapolis is exactly where you should be spending your vacation.
Well you cannot get all boring with arts and cultural activities, so you get to experience innovative live music and nightlife scenarios. Well Minneapolis and St. Paul goes hand in hand. For most of the tourists, it is usually the same but there is a big difference. Minneapolis has modern culture and Tall building in contemporary shapes and St. Paul has historical building with theatrical culture.
When is the best time to visit Minneapolis?
Summer vacation is always the best time to hit the roads of Minneapolis. You get an option to explore lakes and outdoor activities. It is also the highest peak tourist season, so you get to make friends. But also, the accommodation rates are higher and so are the flight tickets. Hence it is always recommended to book you tickets and stay few months prior.
We have compiled list of events that will take your breath away. Hence each month there is a new thing happening in the city and it will become easier for you to plan your vacation suiting your event list.
March-May Spring in Minnesota is tough to know. One time can be sunny, while the next may be unwelcome blizzard. But at the top, Hotel prices are very reasonable. Also, if you happen to come in these months, carry light winters and summer clothes with rain coats.
June-August (Best Time to Travel) Summer are shiny in Minneapolis offering beautiful weather where you can sport at lakes and dance at night. Although July is the sunniest month, it is also worst with occasional thunderstorms and high humidity.
September-November Autumn sees the fall of temperatures. Also, believe it or not, many college students returning back to the city does bring so much appreciated charm and vigor to the city after its peak season.
December-February Winter have lots of snow and freezing temperatures, but the city excels at clearing the streets and pathways, and continuing business as usual. Visiting during this time is a challenge for most, but you'll be handsomely rewarded with cheap hotel rates.
List of amazing things you can do in Minneapolis
1. Minneapolis Institute of Art is the biggest artifacts place in the entire United States. It has more than 90,000 works of art collected from all over the world.
2. Chain of Lakes is various lakes merging together. Each lake has a unique name that describes something special about it. Also, Harriet Lake organizes live concerts in evenings. It is the best place to have a stroll.
3. Guthrie Theater is in downtown and it is city’s most treasured spot. It hosts classical plays like Shakespeare’s Hamlet.
4. Walker Art Center is meant for incredibly passionate art seekers. It has collection of contemporary art sculptures, photographs and paintings.
5. Minnehaha Park is along the banks of Mississippi River and offers a refreshing view. With greenery and waterfalls, it is sometimes an overcrowded spot of summers.
6. Mall of America is a largest shopping mall in the entire country. It has more than 500 stores, family friendly attractions including penguin center, kid’s zone and much more for you to explore.
7. Minnesota Zoo has 5000 animals from Camels to beautiful pink Flamingos. It also has its own huge IMAX Theater.
8. Midtown Global Market is a unique shopping spot with food cultural stalls and trinkets. It has local eateries from across the country towns like Somaliland pastries, Middle Eastern Olives, Asian Spices. Irish performers and live concerts that shares global cultures.
9. Time to make your kids learn something new today. Minnesota Children’s Museum will take you down to learning center for all age group kids. It has some fun filled activities and experiments for which children are crazy.
Minneapolis is a modern architectural city with modern growth towards urban culture. Hence it is also a great supporter of global world. People in Minneapolis are very nice and friendly and are always ready to welcome tourists.