Cheap Flight Tickets Booking to Newark
Newark is the most populous city in New Jersey, USA. It is packed with historical sites, popular parks and excellent eateries options from around the globe. It is known for live music, theaters and sports. It is also the greenest city in New Jersey. Also, it is a cultural and artistic land of artists. Newark is also notable for some amazing food cravings, drink adventures and juicy steaks, loaded meat pies and our all-time favorite Waffles.
It is known as “The Brick City” as it is one of the oldest cities of colonial times.It is the third oldest city in United States with Cathedral, Architectural Marvel, and a Military Park of history and natural beauty, Also known as America’s memorial, Lincoln Park and Washington Park and the best park to visit is Branch Brook Park with cherry blossoms. Then Symphony Halls is another rich cultural building of performing arts. If you move towards south you cans pot Mountain Reservations, vast wildlife and natural recreational parks, Turtle Back Zoo, streams and waterfalls with cruises and creeks.
To 10 crazy things to do while you are in Newark, New Jersey
In the top 10 list, we fit natural cherry blossom views to huge skyscrapers, walk on riverfront to metro rail to New York, Downtown Square and theaters to art galleries and music centers, jazz music and dance on the beat to little eateries and large beers.
1. Choose, Book and See a show at New Jersey Performing Arts Center. It is once in a lifetime opportunity to see a live show or a concert at arts center in Newark. You can choose from stand –up comedians to jazz jam season to R&B gigs to classical arts show. Also, you get to experience the soulful music of Symphony Orchestra.
2. Riverfront Park is located on Brill Street of Passaic River is a green area to start your vacation. You can stroll in the park that stands on the borderline of a river, weekends are generally with fests and events.
3. Experience white fairly land, also known as cherry blossoms at Branch Brook Park. It is best for evening strolls, photography, picnic with family and the cherry blossom festival in April. It a must see spot for tourists as well as the locals.
4. Visit he famous Newark Museum and learn about Tibetan treasures. Museum here ranges from Buddhist treasure, Tibetan cultural sculptures and 5000 artifacts including altarpiece blessed by Dalai Lama. Also, they have some amazing science rooms and a planetarium.
5. Prudential Center hosts everything from hockey games to musical concerts, shopping mall, big food chains, children’s shows at The Rock, monster truck rallies. It ia a large indoor sports stadiumwith a theater and musical stadium.
6. Wonder yourself at The Cathedral Basilica of the Sacred Heart which stands tall with soothing chamber music, 71 meter tall towers and mixture of different architectural styles that came from The Pond of Europe in early 20th century.
7. Visit the triangle shaped park, The Military Park located in the middle of three famous places. The Broad Street, Park Place and Rector Street. The park was built as a training center for soldiers which is now converted into games center for families. For children, it has The Imagination Playground and The Story Time.
8. Relive the multicultural flavors of Ironbound Neighborhood, also known as Little Portugal or Mini Spain. It has mix of eateries, like Nasto’s ice cream, Sausage Company, Italian Sorbets, Fornos and Mompous. They are famous eateries in Newark, New jersey, United States.
9. Visit a place which is never seen before, City Without Walls on Crawford Street. It is a space for contemporary artists to showcase their pieces, sculptures and art works in any forms. It also aims to provoke art murals, engage international artists, promote street art and teach kids urban painting methods.
10. Experience the jazz at The Priory which has 100s of jazz bars lined up in the middle of University Heights. Friday nights are popular with dancing on the beat crowd and from artists who come from Caribbean, creole, New Orleans and Dixie Lane.
Best time to spend your vacation in Newark
The best time to visit Newark is from months of March and July. In these months you can experience scenic natural beauty, gorgeous cityscape as a backdrop and full blooming trees and flowers. March to May is spring in Newark and June to August is extreme hot summers. Summers are scorching so the best is to carry light clothes with sunscreen and shades. Whereas, spring in the city is cold as the temperature can fall in 1-20 degree Celsius.