Book Cheap flights to Maryland
Maryland is the most beautiful tourist destination with charming coastal towns, forests, parks and an array of attraction. The state is famous for amazing and delicious seafood. Maryland’s largest city is Baltimore which is also known for its historic harbor and unique museums.
Maryland is best known for adventure place from historical experiences to outdoor adventures and cultural festivals. One of Maryland’s nickname is “Little America” because it has everything you are expecting from America. It has beaches, mountains, sand dunes, forests and wide variety of weather flora and fauna. The largest body of water in Maryland is the Chesapeake Bay, third largest in the world.
Maryland includes a wide variety of things to be enjoyed fully in vacations such as landscape extending from the seashore which are the Chesapeake Bay and famous and most attractive The Atlantic Ocean, to the mountains like the Appalachians, to the urban areas include Baltimore and the Washington DC suburbs.
Best Time To Fly To Maryland
The best time to visit Maryland is from May to August. Though, you may travel to this destination in any season you want to. It has tourist activities for all seasons.
Maryland’s summers oscillate between mild and hot. So for example, in summers, when it is crowded and preferred to travel to this destination, you can pick to fly to Southern coastal places like Ocean City, Assateague Island.
Maryland’s winters are very enjoyable for warm weather travelers. The popular Deep Greek Lake which is a very amazing place to visit in winters.
The State’s spring and fall times are considered to be colorful. Baltimore, which is best known for world-class entertainment, nightlife, festivals, and culture and St. Michaels and Annapolis which consists of popular marinas are best during these seasons.
Also, tourists from around plan to travel to Baltimore from June to August as it is a peak season for tourists and in these months, there are cultural events, festivals, performances, and many more. There is no best time to plan vacations to a beautiful and charm city.
Top 10 Must Things To Do In Maryland
There is always something new to do whenever you travel to Maryland. With majestic mountains perfect for hiking and skiing, scenic byways perfect for road tripping, beaches for surfing and boating in lakes and more.
The following is the list of 10 top most activities:
1. Maryland Eastern Shore: It is Maryland’s most popular attraction which consists of historic towns, beaches and visitors enjoy activities such as boating, swimming, fishing, and golf. There are some amazing annual events such as waterfront festivals, seafood festivals, boat shows, museum events and many more.
2. Baltimore Inner Harbor: It is a fun place to spend the whole day. It is the largest city in the state of Maryland and the Inner Harbor is a prime destination for all ages which make everyone to fall in love once again. The main attractions of Baltimore Inner Harbor are Harbor place and National Aquarium, Port discovery, Children’s Museum. This beautiful destination is meant for entertainment for all ages.
It is the perfect and an awesome destination for summer season because, in this season, there are lots of art-related events, affordable dining options, festivals, and many more.
3. Annapolis City Dock: Best place for shopping, dining and an array of beautiful attraction. City Dock is the historic heart of Annapolis. Tourists more enjoy at this beautiful seaport. It is a very relaxing place and a perfect destination to spend morning, afternoon, or evenings. It also allows tourists while dining to watch the boats cruise in and out of Ego Alley.
4. Chesapeake & Ohio Canal: It a wonderful National historic park remind us of hundreds of original structures, locks, and lockhouses. The time for visiting this national park is Wednesday to Sunday between 9:30 am to 4:30 pm. There is also wide towpath which is open for bikers, joggers, and hikers.
5. Deep Creek Lake: It is one of the top gateway destinations of Maryland and the largest inland body of water in the state of Maryland. It consists of The Discovery center, Deep creek lake state park, Firefly farms, fun time water sports, Splash Island at will O’ the wisp, adventure sports center international and many more.
6. Six Flags America: It is the area’s largest water park and largest attraction for kids in the state of US, Maryland featuring more than 100 rides and shows. It provides a wide variety of different coasters for kids, youngsters and for elders as well. This park opens in April till October.
7. Strathmore Music Center: It is the best destination to enjoy performances by national artists which conclude folk, pop, show tunes, and classical music. Summer month is best for children at Strathmore music center because children can perform, do concerts which are held outdoors on the lawn where all enjoy a lot. There are also additional performances which take you to the other place.
8. Brookside Garden: It a 50-acre award winning garden which includes lots of gardens like an aquatic garden, trial garden, formal garden, butterfly garden, fragrance garden, and Japanese style garden. It is best known for a beautiful place for weddings, receptions, and corporate retreats. It is open every day.
9. National Harbor: It is the perfect destination for individuals, couples, and families. It is the major waterfront development on the Potomac River. National harbor holds convention center, six hotels, restaurants, and shops. It is a great place for shopping and amusements include a children’s carousel and the capital wheel.
10. Merriweather Post Pavilion: It is an outdoor concert venue located within Symphony woods and it is one of the world’s most beautiful amphitheater. The mesmerizing sound system and large video screens make Merriweather post pavilion site favorite for bands, fans, and tourists.
Spend your vacations on the beaches or scream your throat off on a roller coaster or enjoy the wonderful gardens, outdoors music concerts, celebrate the seasons and festivals or hit the whitewater rafting river waves or enjoy amazing water sports or tasty seafood. So, plan your Maryland vacations for fun and memorable vacations with friends & families